Start & organisation
- Split group in two teams with two neutral target players on either end of playing area
- Players work in their team to move the ball from one end to the other
- If the defending team wins the ball they now try and keep the ball and play end to end
Timings: 10-20 minutes
Pitch area: Large square
Other rules: N/A
- Make the area bigger or smaller
- End players can only play 1-touch
- Constrain players to complete a certain number of passes before playing to the other end player
What to look for
- Are the players moving off the ball to get into a line of pass?
- Is the player on the ball striking the ball with the inside of their foot?
- Is the player receiving the ball keeping it central to their body so they can face the defender?
What the coach can do
- Limit players to a 2-touch maximum to encourage more passing
- Include a neutral player in the middle to help the attacking team keep the ball
- Demonstrate movement off the ball to get free and in a line of pass