Start & organisation
- 2 even numbered teams inside an area marked with end zones
- Score by passing into the marked endzone
- Players cannot stay in the endzone and must receive a forward pass by running forward into the endzone
- If more than 14 players, create two fields
Timings: 30-45 minutes
Pitch area: Large rectangle
Other rules: Offside rule applies
- Make the area bigger or smaller
- Only allow teams to score if the killer pass is 1-touch
What to look for
- Are the players moving off the ball to run forward into the end zone?
- Is the player on the ball striking the ball with the inside of their foot?
What the coach can do
- Encourage teams to pass forward when a teammate makes a forward run
- Constrain teams to play a certain number of passes before they can score
Here, you’ll see an example of coaching on the run using core actions to positively reinforce desired behaviours.