Start & organisation
- All players inside marked area with a ball
- On coaches call, players dribble around area with a ball
- Encourage players to use both feet & different parts of feet:
- Inside of foot
- Outside of foot
- Dominant foot
- Non dominant foot
Timings: 5-10 minutes
Pitch size: Large square
Number of players: 4-16
Other rules: N/A
- Encourage players to complete their favourite skill moves
- Less skilled players can practice on outside of area so they have more space
What to look for
- Are players keeping the ball close to their body and in control?
- Are players scanning constantly to see the ball & see the players around them?
- Are players using the inside of their foot as the dominant habit?
What the coach can do
- Verbally encourage players with on the run coaching
- Individually challenge players by setting player-specific tasks
In the video below, you can see how the coach can set challenges for the players by freezing the session and using core actions.