Start & organisation
- Even numbered teams with two medium sized goals (approximately 5v5 or 7v7 size goals). If you do not have goals you can use poles or markers.
- Play with normal rules (throw-ins, offsides)
- If more than 14 players, you may make 2 fields of 4v4 or 5v5
Timings: 30-45 minutes
Pitch size: Medium field
Number of players: 4-20
Other rules: Offside rule applies
SO CHANGE IT:
- Restrict players to 2 touch minimum and maximum to encourage repetition of the first touch
- Make the space bigger or smaller
What to look for
- Are the players moving the ball away from defenders?
- Are players using the inside of their foot as the dominant habit?
- Are players keeping the ball when they are pressured by a defender?
What the coach can do
- Verbally encourage and remind players of core actions on the run
- Reward teams with bonus points if they successfully keep the ball with a good first touch