Start & organisation
- All players inside marked area, half with a ball
- On coaches call, players pass the ball to a teammate & move to receive a new ball. Coaches should also encourage…
- Short passes
- Longer passes
- Bounce passes
- Third man passes
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch size: Large square
Number of players: 4-16
Other rules: N/A
SO CHANGE IT
- Make the area bigger or smaller
- Challenge the players to do different types of passes
What to look for
- Are players using the inside of their foot as the dominant habit?
- Are players keeping the ball close to their body and in control?
- Are players scanning to find a free player to pass the ball to?
What the coach can do
- Demonstrate ways of receiving and striking the ball
- Set challenges for individuals to receive & pass in different ways