Start & organisation
- Split group into two even teams inside marked area
- Team with the ball aims to keep the ball; other team aims to win it back and then keep it
Timings: 10-20 minutes
Pitch size: Rectangle
Number of players: 4-16 players
Other rules: N/A
SO CHANGE IT:
- Introduce a joker player who plays for the team in possession
- Limit the number of touches players can take (to encourage quicker passing)
What to look for
- Are players moving off the ball to get into a line of pass?
- Are players moving away from their defender to get free?
- Are players receiving the ball and keeping it out of tackling range?
What the coach can do
- Give verbal encouragement to players repeating core actions well
- Manage the teams so the game is even and both teams have opportunities to keep the ball
Here are some examples of how the team tasks and player actions can be used to coach on the run.