Start & organisation
- Create two teams, place them as shown in diagram (each with a ball) and give each player a number
- Coach calls a number, and the corresponding players run with the ball around the goal to their right, before running with it towards the other goal to shoot & score
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: 20m x 15m (small field)
Other rules: N/A
- Call two numbers at a time
- Encourage them to run with the ball closer to the goal before scoring
What to look for
- Are the players taking lots of touches on the ball?
- Are the players running with the ball and under control?
- Are they using both feet?
What the coach can do
- Positively praise those who run with the ball at speed