Start & organisation
- Set up gates (using cones) inside a marked area as shown
- Each player has a ball. On coaches call, they try to run through as many gates as possible in 30 seconds. You must go through all the gates before you can repeat them
Timings: 15-20 minutes
Pitch area: Square
Other rules: N/A
- Make the gates bigger or smaller
- Challenge players to tally how many gates they go through; and to beat their score each turn
What to look for
- Are players using the inside of their foot to run with the ball?
- Are they running with the ball at speed?
- Are they scanning constantly to see other players?
What the coach can do
- Use individuals to demonstrate desired core actions
- Encourage individuals on the run by setting challenges/tasks