Start & organisation
- Split group into pairs, each with a ball
- Move around the area and ‘shoot’ through goals marked by cones/poles. The shot must go to a partner on the ‘other side’
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: Large rectangle
Other rules: N/A
- Players must aim ‘for the corners’ when shooting’
- Players can use different types of finish e.g. driven shot, inside of the foot shot
What to look for
- Are players using the inside of the foot as the dominant habit?
- Are players scanning constantly to know where their partner is and where they can score?
What the coach can do
- Demonstrate different types of shooting (or get players to demonstrate)
- Set challenges for pairs based on ability (for example, challenging stronger players to shoot on their weak foot)