Start & organisation
- Start with a game, and as players arrive, add them to the teams while trying to keep it even numbered teams with two small goals
- Play with normal rules
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: 20m x 15m (small)
Other rules: No goalkeepers. Kick-ins rather than throw-ins. No corners; restart with player bringing the ball in. No offsides
SO CHANGE IT
- Create a second game if larger numbers of players
What to look for
- Are all the players involved in the game?
- Are all the players enjoying themselves?
- Are they trying to run with the ball and score goals?
What the coach can do
- Provide lots of praise
- Encourage players to take touches on the ball
- Let them play!