Start & organisation
- Even numbered teams with two medium sized goals (approximately 5v5 or 7v7 size goals). If you do not have goals you can use poles or markers.
- Play with normal rules (throw-ins, offsides)
- You may have resting players, use them as bouncers or have two fields playing at the same time
Timings: 20-40 minutes
Pitch area: Rectangle
Other rules: Offside rule applis
SO CHANGE IT:
- Make the field bigger or smaller
- Goals worth more if scored/created via the core actions being focused on in the session
What to look for
- Are the players moving the ball away from defenders?
- Are players using the inside of their foot as the dominant habit?
- Are players keeping the ball when they are pressured by a defender?
What the coach can do
- Verbally encourage and remind players of core actions on the run
- Reward teams with bonus points