Start & organisation
- Divide players into two teams and position as shown, either side of a central cone with a ball on top
- Players pass to the other side, trying to hit the ball off the central cone
- Reset the ball if it is hit and continue
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: 20m x 15m (small field)
Other rules: N/A
- Increase or decrease the distance between players and the central cone
- Make it competitive by getting players to count the number of attempts it takes to hit the central cone
What to look for
- Are players aiming to hit the central cone?
- Are players using the inside of their foot to strike the ball?
What the coach can do
- Positively praise those who are accurate with their passes
- Cater for individuals by mixing the pairs or varying the distances between them and the central cone