Start & organisation
- Pair players so one player has a ball and one does not – the tagger
- The tagger attempts to tag the player with the ball as quickly as possible
- If they do, the players swap roles
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: 20m x 15m (small field)
Other rules: N/A
- Rotate partners every few minutes
What to look for
- Are players running with the ball and keeping it under control?
- Are they taking big touches to get away from the tagger?
- Are they using both feet?
What the coach can do
- Pair players of equal ability with each other
- Positively praise players who can get away from the tagger