Start & organisation
- Each player has a ball. Split players into different bib colours as shown
- Coach calls out a colour. The player in this bib attempts to tag the other players (1 point for each tag)
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: 20m x 15m (small field)
Other rules: N/A
- Call multiple colours
- Make yourself the tagger!
What to look for
- Are players running with the ball into space?
- Are players keeping the ball close to their body and under control?
- Are players using both feet?
What the coach can do
- Demonstrate how to run with the ball and keep it under control
- Encourage players to scan constantly
- Positively praise who are able to keep the ball under control