Start & organisation
- All players have a ball and start from the starting line
- Coaches call “green light” for when players can run with the ball and “red light” for when they must stop
- If they keep dribbling or are “caught” by the “red light” they must go back to the starting line
- Once a player reaches the coach, they score 1 point and go back to the starting line
Timings: 10-15 minutes
Pitch area: 20m x 15m (small field)
Other rules: N/A
- Vary the time between lights
- Make the field bigger or smaller
What to look for
- Are the players running with the ball and in control?
- Are the players using both feet?
What the coach can do
- Challenge players to use both feet
- Positively praise who are able to stay in control of the ball